Grammar - Present Tense, Past Tense, and Future Tense - AryansWorld Gyaan

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Translate

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Grammar - Present Tense, Past Tense, and Future Tense

Present Simple Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject +V1

• My mother lets me go out with my friends.
 I prefer my coffee black.
• She puts the keys on the table.
• I play tennis.

Negative Sentences → Subject + do/does not +V1

• My mother does not (doesn't) let me go out with my friends.
 I do not (don't) prefer my coffee black.
• She does not (doesn't) put the keys on the table.
• She does not play tennis.

Question Sentences → Do/Does + Subject +V1

Does your mother let you go out with your friends?
 Do you prefer your coffee black?
Does she put the keys on the table? 
• Does he play tennis?


Simple Past Tense

Positive Sentences + Subject + V2

 We watched the news last night.
• They went to the party yesterday.
• She read the book.
• I saw a movie yesterday.

Negative Sentences → Subject + did not +V1

 We did not (didn't) watch the news last night.
• They did not (didn't) go to the party yesterday.
• She did not (didn't) read the book. 
• I didn't see a play yesterday.

Question Sentences → Did + Subject + V1

Did we watch the news last night?
Did they go to the party yesterday?
Did she read the book? 
• Did you have dinner last night?


Simple Future Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + will + V1

• She will be a doctor soon.
• You will mary me.
• The president will allow this. 
• You will help him later.

Negative Sentences → Subject + will not +V1

• She will not (won't) be a doctor soon.
 You will not (won't) mary me.
• The president will not (won't) allow this.
• You will not help him later.

Question Sentences → Will + Subject + V1

Will she be a doctor soon?
 Will you mary me?
 Will the president allow this?
 Will you help him later?



Present Continuous Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject +BE+ Ving

• She is listening the music now.
• We are learning English at this moment.
• My mother is cooking dinner in the kitchen now. 
• You are learning English now.

Negative Sentences → Subject +BE NOT + Ving

• She is not (isn't) listening the music now.
 We are not (aren't) learning English at this moment.
• My mother is not (isn't) cooking dinner in the kitchen now. 
• You are not swimming now.

Question Sentences → BE + Subject + Ving

Is she listening the music now?
 Are they learning English at this moment?
Is your mother cooking dinner in the kitchen now? 
• Are you watching TV?


Past Continuous Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + BE(was/were) + Ving

 You were watching television last night.
 They were studying math yesterday.
• I was washing the dishes when the phone rang.
• You were studying when she called.

Negative Sentences → Subject + BE(was/were) NOT + Ving

• You were not (weren't) watching television last night.
• They were not (weren't) studying math yesterday.
• I was not (wasn't) washing the dishes when the phone rang. 
• You were not studying when she called.

Question Sentences → BE(was/were) + Subject + Ving

Were you watching television last night?
 Were they studying math yesterday?
Was I washing the dishes when the phone rang? 
Were you studying when she called?


Future Continuous Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + will + be + Ving

• When you arrive, I will be sitting in the park.
• I will be loving you.
• I will be waiting for you.

Negative Sentences → Subject + will not be + Ving

 When you arrive, I will not (won't) be sitting in the park.
 I will not (won't) be loving you.
• I will not (won't) be waiting for you.

Question Sentences → Will + Subject + be + Ving

 Will you be sitting in the park when I arrive?
Will you be loving me?
 Will you be waiting for me?


Present Perfect Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + have/has + V3

• I have already prepared breakfast.
• My sister has cleaned the room.
• It has rained a lot lately.

Negative Sentences + Subject +have/has + not + V3

• I have not (haven't) prepared breakfast yet.
• My sister has not (hasn't) cleaned the room.
• It has not (hasn't) rained a lot.

Question Sentences → Have/Has + Subject + V3

Have you prepared breakfast?
Has she cleaned the room?
Has it rained a lot?


Past Perfect Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + had + V3

• I went there after I had completed the task.
• She had come late to the school.
• My father and mother had been married for two years when I was born.

Negative Sentences → Subject + had + not +V3

• I had not (hadn't) completed the task.
• She had not (hadn't) come late to the school.
• They had not (hadn't) been married when I was born.

Question Sentences → Had + Subject + V3

Had you completed the task?
Had she come late to the school?
Had they been married when I was born?


Future Perfect Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + will + have + V3

• By next week, we'll have earned lots of money.
• I will have prepared breakfast by the time the children wake up.
• The rain'll have stopped by tomorrow.

Negative Sentences → Subject + will not + have + V3

• He will not (won't) have received enough score by the summer.
• They will not (won't) have been married by next year.
• The rain will not (won't) have stopped by tomorrow.

Question Sentences → Will + Subject + have + V3

Will you have graduated from the university before I graduate?
Will he have learned all information about this job by May?
Will we have arrived in China by the next week?


Present Perfect Cont. Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + Have/Has+ BEEN + Ving

• My father have been repairing the car. That's why his hands are greasy.
• Susan is in the kitchen. She has been making pizza.
• They have been playing in the room.

Negative Sentences → Subject + Have/Has NOT + BEEN + Ving

• My father have not (haven't) been repairing the car. That's why his hands are greasy.
• Susan is in the kitchen. She has not (hasn't) been making pizza.
• They have not (haven't) been playing in the room.

Question Sentences → Have/Has + Subject + BEEN + Ving

Have you been studying English?
Has it been raining for three hours?
Has she been teaching French since 2000?


Past Perfect Cont. Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + Had + BEEN + Ving

• When her husband came home, the woman had been cleaning the house for hours.
• The ground was covered with snow. It had been showing heavy for several hours.
• They had been being friend since childhood.

Negative Sentences → Subject + Had + Not + BEEN + Ving

• I had not (hadn't) been waiting for Sarah for 40 minutes before she called me.
• My daughter had not (hadn't) been eating anything all day.
• She had not (hadn't) been working all day so she was energetic.

Question Sentences → Had + Subject + BEEN + Ving

Had they been running for several minutes when the teacher came?
Had you been studying English since 3 o'clock?
Had we been waiting for Sarah for 40 minutes before she called us?


Future Perfect Cont. Tense

Positive Sentences → Subject + will + HAVE BEEN + Ving

• I will have been working for seven hours by the time the boss comes
• She will have been sleeping for one hour when he gets home.
• At 4 o'clock, we will have been waiting you for one hour.

Negative Sentences → Subject + will not + HAVE BEEN + Ving

• I will not (won't) have been shopping on Tuesday.
• He will not (won't) have been playing football tomorrow evening.
• They will not (won't) have been going for a picnic.

Question Sentences → WILL + Subject + HAVE BEEN + Ving

Will you have been studying English?
Will it have been raining for three hours?
Will she have been teaching French for 10 years next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any query, please let me know

Popular Articles

Post Top Ad